Sunday, December 21, 2008

Out of Focus

(I know this is my third post today, but I'm incredibly bored, and it's freezing outside, and there's so much snow. Speaking of which, I should go take some pictures off the snow...)

Out of Focus is a book I just recently finished. The writer is Margaret Buffie. There are many topics in the book, but the one I wanted to talk about was the fact that the main character (Bernice Dodd) is a photographer. She is sixteen, and uses her camera like a third eye.

The thing I found interesting was that she only uses black and white film. She explains how her dad told her he liked black and white pictures, and that's where she gets it from. She uses the black and white film because she and her dad believes that you can really see what is going on in a person without the mask of colour.

I have been trying this out, and it feels like it's happening, but maybe that's just because I'm finding I like taking black and white photographs better.

***Just thought I'd let you know, I'm not a professional photographer or anything, taking pictures is just a hobby I recently got into, and I take all my pictures with an average digital camera***

;]

No comments:

Post a Comment